Many images at this web site have been submitted by volunteers. If you have old photos of Fairview, please consider scanning them for others to enjoy. Please follow these steps.
- Scan at 600 dots per inch (600 dpi) so details such as faces can be recognized in photos. You have to manually set this as the default is usually 150 or 200 dpi.
- Leave the default setting to scan in color even for black and white photos.
- Since these files are large, send the file via http://www.yousendit.com/ (free) with the email address given in 4 below.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org directly with the text description of the image and any credits.
I process images to digitally restore sections if necessary and prepare them for suitable viewing. If you have trouble with any of the above steps, please email email@example.com for assistance. The Ruiz home movie collection has been transferred to digital by Bruce Mayfield. I edit the digital footage to prepare small movies. If you have old home movies on film, consider contacting http://www.film-to-video.com/ for digital transfer and also contacting me for a discussion of how we can post segments of your historical movies here.
Photos of Particular Interest
- Photos inside old establishments, e.g., the Skating Rink, the Village Market.
- Historic photos with streets visible and public functions such as parades.
- Graduation photos of Yorkship School and St. Joan of Arc School.
Thanks to the volunteers, new photos are added to this web site every couple of weeks, sometimes daily. There are also opportunities for advanced volunteer work that could lead to publishable work.